[Opt-net] Toulouse Global Optimization workshop 2010 (TOGO10)

Leo Liberti leoliberti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 01:12:38 MEST 2009

Toulouse Global Optimization workshop 2010 (TOGO10)

Celebrating Pierre Hansen's 70th birthday

Global Optimization (GO) is a discipline aimed at finding global
optima for hard nonconvex optimization problems. The workshop aims at
bringing together researchers dealing with this topic. Depending on
the number of submissions, we shall have either a single stream or
two/three parallel streams. Accordingly, only a limited number of
contributions will be accepted. A special issue of the Journal Of
Global Optimization will contain (fully refereed) papers derived from
works presented at the workshop (or on close topics).

Conference venue: ENSEEIHT, 2 rue Camichel, 31071 Toulouse, France
Conference dates: 31 August - 3 September 2010
     (participants should arrive on monday 30)
Conference fees will be kept as low as possible. We shall cover costs
but we do not aim to make a profit!

Submission instructions:
------------------------
Submit a 4-page extended abstract formatted using the LaTeX style
  http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/togo10/latex_style.zip
through the EasyChair website
  http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=togo10
Note that we do not accept submissions in .doc format.

Important dates:
----------------
  Deadline for the submission of abstracts: April 15th, 2010
  Notification of acceptance: June 15th, 2010
  Deadline for reduced fee: June 30th, 2010
  Welcome reception: August 30th, 2010
  Start of conference: August 31st, 2010

Invited speakers:
-----------------
  Pierre Hansen, GERAD and HEC, Montreal, Canada
  Emilio Carrizosa, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
  Charles Audet, Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal, Canada
  Pietro Belotti, Lehigh University, USA

Scientific Committee:
---------------------
  Robert Baker Kearfott, Lafayette, Lousiana
  Sonia Cafieri, Toulouse, France
  Tibor Csendes, Szeged, Hungary
  Chris Floudas, Princeton, New Jersey
  Inmaculada García, Almería, Spain
  Eligius Hendrix, Malaga, Spain
  Jean-Baptiste Hiriart-Urruty, Toulouse, France
  Jean-Bernard Lasserre, Toulouse, France
  Sven Leyffer, Chicago, Illinois
  Leo Liberti, Paris, France
  Jeff Linderoth, Madison, Wisconsin
  Marco Locatelli, Turin, Italy
  Nelson Maculan, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  Frederic Messine, Toulouse, France
  Panos Pardalos, Gainesville, Florida (chair)
  Fabio Schoen, Florence, Italy
  Hanif Sherali, Blacksburg, Virginia
  Fabio Tardella, Rome, Italy
  Tapio Westerlund, Abo, Finland

Local Organising Committee:
---------------------------
  Sonia Cafieri, Toulouse, France
  Nicolas Durand, Toulouse, France
  Sylvie Eichen, Toulouse, France
  David Gianazza, Toulouse, France
  Eligius Hendrix, Malaga, Spain
  Didier Henrion, Toulouse, France
  Leo Liberti, Paris, France (co-chair)
  Kader Merakeb, Toulouse, France
  Frederic Messine, Toulouse, France (co-chair)
  Marcel Mongeau, Toulouse, France
  Antonio Mucherino, Lille, France
  Giacomo Nannicini, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  Jordan Ninin, Toulouse, France
  Evelyne Rayssac, Paris, France
  Boglarka Toth, Budapest, Hungary

Contact:
--------
For more details, see the conference website at
  http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/togo10
For more information, please write an email to
  gow.togo10 at gmail.com