[Opt-net] Sixth annual COIN-OR INFORMS Cup competition

vigerske@mathematik.hu-berlin.de vigerske at mathematik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Oct 2 20:40:54 MEST 2010

COIN-OR INFORMS CUP
INFORMS Annual Meeting 2010
Sponsored by IBM

Announcing the sixth annual "COIN-OR INFORMS Cup" competition

Rules:
o   A submission or nomination must contain:
    1. A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR or valuable contribution
to COIN-OR (or both!).
    2. An explanation of its significance.
o   The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2010 INFORMS meeting
--- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Celebration" below).
o   Submission deadline: Friday October 29, 2010.
o   Self-nomination is welcomed.
o   We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR that
the community may not know about.

Submissions will be judged by a committee of members of the COIN-OR
Foundation, Inc.

Celebration: The actual awarding of the COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will take
place at the reception in honour of John Forrest and the 10th Anniversary
of COIN-OR. All entrants and their supporters are welcome to join in the
celebration and regale (rile) the prize winners. The celebration sponsor
is IBM.
o   Day: Sunday, November 7th
o   Time: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
o   Location: Iron Cactus Mexican Grill & Margarita Bar, corner of Trinity
& 6th Streets in downtown Austin, TX

The winning entry will be posted on the COIN-OR Website.

Please e-mail your submissions to coin-cup at coin-or.org

Enter, come, possibly win, and raise your cup with us!