[Opt-net] New textbook “Introduction to Nonlinear and Global Optimization”

Hendrix, Eligius Eligius.Hendrix at wur.nl
Thu Oct 7 16:26:25 MEST 2010

New book “Introduction to Nonlinear and Global Optimization”

Hendrix, Eligius M.T., G.-Tóth, Boglárka

Many good books exist for teaching optimization that focus on theoretical properties and guidance in proving mathematical relations. The book “Introduction to Nonlinear and Global Optimization” adds illustrations, simple examples and exercises, enhancing the reader’s understanding of concepts. In fact, this book contains approximately 40 algorithms that are illustrated by 80 examples and 96 figures. Additional comprehension and study is encouraged with numerous exercises. Furthermore, we hope to evoke a critical approach toward the use of optimization algorithms. As an alternative to focusing on the background ideas often furnished on the internet, we would like students to study pure pseudo code from a critical and systematic perspective.

http://springer.com/978-0-387-88669-5
2010.  208 p. 192 illus., 96 in color.
(Springer Optimization and Its Applications, Vol. 37) Hardcover 39,95 €, $49.95