[Opt-Net] Final call: MOPTA 2015. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, July 20-22, 2015

Martin Takac mat614 at lehigh.edu
Mon Apr 27 15:59:44 CEST 2015

Dear Friends and Colleagues
With apologies for cross-postings...

   We cordially invite you to contribute to the fourteenth annual
"Modeling and OPtimization: Theory and Applications" (MOPTA) conference,
organized at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, July 20-22, 2015.

MOPTA aims at bringing together a diverse group of people from both
discrete and continuous optimization, working on both theoretical and
applied aspects.  There will be invited plenary talks from distinguished
speakers as well as organized sessions and contributed talks, spread
over three days.  Our target is to provide a diverse set of exciting new
developments from different areas of optimization research while at the
same time providing a setting which will allow increased interaction
among the participants.  We aim to bring together researchers from both the
theoretical and applied communities in the framework of a
medium-scale event who do not usually have the chance to interact in
larger meetings.

We welcome contributed talks, and we are also very interested in hearing
from people who could organize a session centered around one of their
topics of expertise. MOPTA sessions have 3 speakers, with 30 mins per
presentation including Q&A's. Speakers will be kindly asked
to submit their abstract on the MOPTA website. The deadline for abstract
submission is May 1.

Confirmed plenary speakers:
* Alper Atamtürk (University of California-Berkeley)
* Amir Beck (Technion - Israel Institute of Technology)
* Mirjam Dür (University of Trier)
* Eugene Feinberg (SUNY)
* Ravi Mazumdar (Waterloo)
* Luis Nunes Vicente (Universidade de Coimbra)
* Tong Zhang (Rutgers University)

Please contact
  Alexander Stolyar (als714 at lehigh.edu)
or
  Martin Takac (Takac.MT at gmail.com)
 if you would like to organize a session for MOPTA.

Alexander Stolyar, Martin Takac
Organizing Committee Co-Chairs

See more at http://coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~mopta