[Opt-Net] Paths, Pivots, and Practice: The Power of Optimization -- Montreal, June 11-13, 2015

Antoine Deza deza at mcmaster.ca
Mon Feb 16 20:44:04 CET 2015

Please find inclosed the announcement of the conference entitled: Paths, Pivots, and
Practice: The Power of Optimization, Montreal, June 11-13, 2015.

Many thanks in advance for posting it.

with best regards,  Antoine and Miguel

------------
Paths, Pivots, and Practice: The Power of Optimization -- Montreal, June 11-13, 2015

Dear colleagues,

We are organizing a three-day conference entitled "Paths, Pivots, and Practice: The Power
of Optimization" in Montreal, on June 11, 12 and 13, 2015. The conference is held to honour
Tamás Terlaky on the occasion of his 60th birthday.  The webpage for this event is at:
http://www.miguelanjos.com/t60

You are warmly invited to attend the conference. If you wish to do so, please go to:
http://www.miguelanjos.com/t60-registration  and follow the appropriate link to register.
The early-bird registration rate of CAD$125 is available until May 15, 2015. The regular
rate of CAD$175 applies as of May 16, and online registration closes on June 4. The
registration fee includes a light breakfast and an afternoon coffee break each day,
plus the celebratory banquet in honour of Tamás Terlaky on the evening of June 12.

A Special Issue of Annals of Operations Research is planned and this information will be
announced shortly.

If you also wish to speak at the conference, please submit a title and an abstract no later
than May 24, 2015 via:   https://symposia.gerad.ca/ThePowerofOptimization/submit
Please note that will not have parallel sessions, and so it may not be possible to include
every presentation. We will notify authors by the end of May whether or not they are included
in the list of speakers.

Some information about accommodation is available on the workshop webpage:
http://www.miguelanjos.com/t60-hotels
As many of you already know, Montreal is an interesting and exciting city to visit. It is easy
to reach us from many European and American cities. Because Montreal is a popular
destination in June, we recommend that you arrange your accommodation very soon.

The conference is hosted by GERAD  https://www.gerad.ca/en/ and will be held at HEC
Montreal (3000 Ch de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, QC H3T 2A7), This location
is a short walk from the "Université de Montréal" subway station.

We look forward to welcoming you in Montreal in June.

Miguel Anjos and Antoine Deza