[Opt-Net] VeRoLog in Vienna: Registration and Hotels

Richard Hartl richard.hartl at univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 23 23:04:26 CET 2015

   Vehicle Routing and Logistics Optimization 2015
                    VeRoLog
           Vienna, Austria, June 8-10
         http://verolog2015.univie.ac.at/

The fourth meeting of the EURO Working Group on Vehicle Routing and
Logistics Optimization will take place in Vienna from June 8-10, 2015.
VeRoLog is an established annual conference bringing together the large
community of researchers and practitioners interested in vehicle routing
optimization and its relations with logistics.

After some rejections and cancellations we have now 134 accepted
abstracts for VeRoLog. Hence, we expect a strong and interesting
conference. We have also prepared a very attractive social program with an
excursion, all lunches included, and some culinary event every evening from
Sunday to Wednesday. Hence, we recommend that you arrive early and do
not leave before Thursday.

The registration and payment page is now open:

http://verolog2015.univie.ac.at/registration/

Please note that in order for papers to be included in the final program,
registration and payment of the conference fee must be received by the

*Early Registration Deadline: April 1*.

It is assumed by default that the first author (who had submitted the abstract)
will give the presentation, and that he/she will pay the conference fee. If not,
please let us know: verolog2015 at univie.ac.at. Payments cannot be used for
more than one paper.

We are also offering hotel reservation:

http://verolog2015.univie.ac.at/accommodation/

Please note, however, that:

- This is a service of the central administration of our university and that the
VeRoLog organizers have no influence on (and no access to) the
corresponding booking system.

- We have no financial benefit if you use this service. The central
administration has selected some appropriate hotels in convenient locations
and has also bargained some special rates that are guaranteed for a certain
period. However, it is possible that in the internet you might be able to find
some small hotel or B&B even more conveniently located.

- It is absolutely recommended to book your hotel a.s.a.p., no matter how
you do it. May and June are the busiest tourism months in Vienna (typically
nice weather but not too hot). Furthermore, in May two weeks are blocked
(i.e. hotels are full and/or overly expensive) due to the European Song
Contest and its semi finals, so that many tourists will shift their stay to other
weeks, e.g. the week of Verolog. If you do not book early, the conveniently
located hotels might be full and you might end up in remote and/or expensive
places.

Austrian Airlines (member of Star Alliance) will support the conference as
official carrier by offering participants of VeRoLog a 15% reduction on
regular prices for all OS operated flights to/from Vienna. Conditions can be
found here:

http://verolog2015.univie.ac.at/travel-in-to-vienna/flight/

See you in Vienna!

On behalf of the organizers, Richard F. Hartl

--
 / _ \ / __ \ / \_/ /\ Prof. Richard F. Hartl

Rossauer Laende 3 / Oskar-Morgenstern-Platz 1
1090 Vienna, Austria

Tel. +43-1-4277-38091E-Mail: Richard.Hartl at univie.ac.at
Tel. +43-1-4277-38092 (Secretary)
Fax. +43-1-4277-838091http://www.univie.ac.at/bwl/prod

Senior Extramural Fellow of the
Center for Economic Research (CentER), Tilburg