[Opt-Net] Enc: Second Announcement: ICSP 2016 - Call for submissions

armindal at impa.br armindal at impa.br
Wed Jun 3 23:16:31 CEST 2015

Second Announcement: ICSP 2016 - Call for submissions

XIV INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON STOCHASTIC PROGRAMMING (ICSP 2016)

http://icsp2016.sciencesconf.orgor http://www.stoprog.org/icsp2016

The organizers of ICSP 2016 have the great pleasure of inviting you to
Búzios, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 25-July 1, 2016.

ICSP is the premier international conference on stochastic programming
  and is held every three years on behalf of the Stochastic
Programming  Society.

At ICSP 2016 there will be talks on all aspects of optimization under
uncertainty. To provide sufficient background in Stochastic
Programming, a two-day introductory series of Tutorials held during
the weekend will precede the main conference. The conference will take
place over the next five week days with plenary talks and mini
symposia from recognized leading researchers in stochastic
optimization, a set of thematic sessions featuring recent
contributions on state-of-the-art topics, and contributed talks.

IMPORTANT DATES

December 15th, 2015: early-bird registration deadline

June 25, 2016: tutorials start (afternoon)

June 27, 2016: conference starts (morning)

July 1, 2016: scientific program ends at 15h30

Plenary speakers and mini-symposia organizers for ICSP have been announced:

PLENARISTS

Shabbir Ahmed, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA

Johannes Royset, Naval Postgraduate School, USA

Andrzej Ruszczynski, Rutgers University, USA

Mario Veiga Pereira, PSR, Brazil

MINI-SYMPOSIA ORGANIZERS

Guzin Bayraksan, Ohio State University, USA

David Brown, Duke University, USA

Milos Kopa, Charles University of Prague, Czech Republic

Warren Powell, Princeton University, USA

David Woodruff, University of California, Davis, USA

Huifu Xu, University of Southampton, UK

For further details including the topics and forthcoming abstracts of
these talks please visit http://icsp2016.sciencesconf.org/

CONFERENCE STRUCTURE

ICSP 2016 will follow the "one talk per speaker" rule and will feature
thematic sessions and contributed talks or posters.

Before submitting, you need to create an account in the SciencesConf
platform hosting our webpage AND pre-register for ICSP 2016. See
instructions in PRE-REGISTRATION below.

SUBMISSION of THEMATIC SESSIONS

Procedure: first, the thematic session organizer submits the proposal
here, without any template, by filling directly the text box with the
following data:

1) a 500 character summary, describing the session (no formulae or
symbols), and

2) 4 titles and speakers, including their affiliation.

After acceptance by the Program Committee (October 31st, 2015), each
speaker must upload a 1 page abstract in LaTeX, using a template that
will be available in the system in due time.

Submission period: June 1st to August 31st, 2015

Acceptance date: October 31st, 2015

Upload of individual abstracts: until January 15th, 2016

SUBMISSION of CONTRIBUTED TALKS AND POSTERS

Procedure: each speaker submits a 1 page abstract in LaTeX for
analysis by the Program Committee, using a template that will be
available in the system from September 1st, 2015.

Submission period: From September 1st, 2015 to January 15th, 2016

Acceptance dates: October 31st, 2015 and February 15th, 2016

CONFERENCE VENUE

Búzios is a charming town 160km from Rio de Janeiro. Weather in Búzios
in very  pleasant, with average temperatures of 24oC (75oF) during the
months of June and July.

The tutorials and conference will take place at the Atlântico Hotel in Búzios.

Tutorials will be held Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

The scientific talks will be scheduled on Monday-Friday.

There are several shuttles a day traveling between Búzios and Rio de
Janeiro's international airport.

On the arrival days (Sat-Sun), the organizers will make arrangements
for transporting participants in special buses.

On Sunday, June 26th, there will be tennis and football events and in
the evening we will have a get-together cocktail, included in the
registration fee.

On Tuesday there will be a musical show, included in the registration fee.

On Wednesday we plan to have a free day, with a half day excursion
included in the registration fee.

The conference dinner will be on Thursday June 29th, and it is NOT
INCLUDED in the registration fee.

PRE-REGISTRATION

Before submitting, you need to have an account on the SciencesConf
platform hosting our webpage and pre-register as an ICSP 2016
participant. Pre-registration is free.

Please do so following the instructions in the menu under the tab "***

Start here (login and submission)***" in
http://icsp2016.sciencesconf.org.

Pre-registration is free.

REGISTRATION FEES

Academic early-bird: R$1350(app. US$450) until Dec.15th, 2016

IMPORTANT NOTE: a DISCOUNT of R$300(app. US$100) will be granted to
attendants staying in the conference hotel. In this case the
early-bird fee drops to R$1050 (app. US$350).

Student or accompanying person: R$360(;app. US$120)

The complete list of rates is available in

http://icsp2016.sciencesconf.org/

Cancellation Policy for Registration Fees: 75% reimbursement of the
amount of registration fee, in Brazilian R$, until May 25th, 2015 (no
reimbursement will be possible after this date).

ACCOMMODATION

To keep registration fees low, we have negotiated preferential rates
with hotel Atlântico for the lecture rooms, in exchange of certain
minimal rooms occupancy.

To encourage ICSP 2016 participants to choose hotel Atlântico for
their venue, we offer two perks:

1) a discount of R$300(app.US$100) in the registration fee to
attendants staying in the hotel;

2) the negotiated hotel rates include also lunch,a very good deal.

Please consider staying in hotel Atlântico to help our organization!

IMPORTANT: to be eligible for the discounted registration rate,
participants will be required to reserve first their stay at Atlântico
hotel through a link that will be made available in the conference web
page.

To book, participants will need to provide credit card information, as
one night will be charged. This payment will be deducted from the
total bill at departure time (in case of no-show, the hotel will keep
the one night payment).

Once the hotel reservation is processed, a promotional code will be
issued, for the participant to claim the discount when paying the
registration fee.

FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:

We have funds to help a limited number of participants, particularly
students and young researchers. When pre-registering for the event,
your response to the question "Do you need financial support?" will
allows us to collect all the requests. Being stochastic optimizers, we
will adopt a two-stage approach, matching the requests to the
resources that become available.

As the financial help does not waive the registration fee, we advise
the participants NOT TO MISS the early-bird registration deadline of
Dec. 15th 2015, to benefit from the lowest rate.

---