[Opt-Net] 7ECM News - Call for Proposals

Elise Grubits grubits at math.tu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 22 14:09:13 CEST 2015

Dear Fellow Mathematicians,

In less than one year, we will warmly welcome you to the *7th European
Congress of Mathematics* <http://www.7ecm.de/home.html> in Berlin!

We have developed a broad scientific program consisting of ten Plenary
Lectures, 31 Invited Lectures, several Prize Lectures, the Hirzebruch
Lecture, the Abel Lecture and much more! We are looking forward to
welcoming our *speakers
<%3Chttp://www.7ecm.de/program/speakers.html%3E>*! Furthermore, the
calls for the Otto Neugebauer Prize, the Felix Klein Prize and ten EMS
prizes are under way, see *prizes* <http://www.7ecm.de/prizes/prizes.html>.

We cordially invite all of you to contribute to the program in terms of
*mini-symposia* <http://www.7ecm.de/program/mini_symposia.html>,
*contributed talks* <http://www.7ecm.de/program/contributed_talks.html>
and *posters* <http://www.7ecm.de/program/posters.html>.

To ensure broad participation in the 7ECM and reduce economic barriers,
100 *Grants* <http://www.7ecm.de/registration/grants.html> will be
offered to mathematicians from less developed countries. The grants will
cover a tuition fee waiver and a financial support of a maximum amount
of 400 Euro. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.

All abstracts and proposals must be submitted via the *7ECM registration
platform* <https://cats.host/7ecm/cats2/cats21/src/login/>.

We also invite mathematicians to organize *satellite events
<http://www.7ecm.de/satellite/satellite.html>* (conferences etc.) around
the congress. 7ECM participants will enjoy some privileges in
registering for the satellite events. Pre-conditions for granting the
satellite status to an event are scientific quality, geographical
proximity and temporal connection with the 7ECM.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Berlin in 2016!

Best regards,
Volker Mehrmann