[Opt-Net] Informs Optimization Society Conference 2016 - 5 more days!

Warren Powell powell at princeton.edu
Wed Jan 13 15:18:02 CET 2016

[With apologies for multiple postings, and the last minute notification for
those seeing this for the first time]

There are five more days to submit abstracts to the Informs Optimization
Society Conference, to be held at Princeton University, March 17-19, 2016.
The website is

https://orfe.princeton.edu/conferences/ios2016/

The conference has the theme "Optimization and Learning," which we are
interpreting broadly.  It will feature plenary speakers talking about
optimization in machine learning, as well as machine learning in (primarily
stochastic) optimization.  We also have exciting plenary speakers talking
about applications in energy and robotics.

The "learning" theme applies broadly to any new lines of research or
application areas.  The conference will feature a series of tutorial
speakers in sessions that will not be scheduled in parallel with other
tutorials.  Tutorial talks are accompanied by complementary talks to help
provide an introduction to a field.  We also have a growing list of
contributed sessions which are provided on the website.

We only require a short abstract (300 characters - sorry!).  Please take a
minute and consider submitting an abstract.  The deadline is Monday,
January 18, but spots are filling up.

Warren