[Opt-Net] Two open positions at Zuse Institute Berlin, Mathematical Optimization Methods

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Fri Nov 25 02:39:03 CET 2016

*** Apologies for cross-posting. ***

PostDoc and PhD positions available at Zuse Institute Berlin

The research group Mathematical Optimization Methods at Zuse Institute
Berlin is currently looking for outstanding candidates to fill two open
positions:

*** WA 28/16: a PhD track research position (100% TV-L E13) ***

on the topic of high-precision mixed-integer programming over the
rational numbers, see http://www.zib.de/node/2664

*** WA 29/16: a PostDoc researcher position (100% TV-L E14) ***

with self-defined research agenda in the context of computational
mixed-integer linear programming, see http://www.zib.de/node/2688

Our group holds longstanding expertise in the design and implementation
of mathematical optimization solvers and you will be part of the
research team around the SCIP Optimization Suite (http://scip.zib.de/).

We expect creativity and a high degree of team spirit and commitment to
problem solving. We offer a friendly working atmosphere, excellent
equipment, and a challenging professional environment. Due to our
involvement in major regional cooperative projects, such as the Einstein
Center for Mathematics (ECMath), the Matheon Research Center, the Berlin
Mathematical School (BMS) or the Berlin Big Data Center (BBDC), we have
close ties to universities and research institutes in the region. We
offer scientists in all career stages opportunities for further
qualification and strongly support research on top level with
international visibility.

We are committed to an active onboarding process to facilitate new
members with all the tools and the knowledge they need for success in
our institute and their career. We provide a family-friendly work
environment through flexible working hours and meeting times and the
opportunity for part-time working arrangements.

The starting date is from March 1, 2017, and can be negotiated. For more
details, please consult the official job postings at

    http://www.zib.de/node/2664

and

    http://www.zib.de/node/2688

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding
the positions.

Best regards,
Ambros Gleixner

*** Apologies for cross-posting. ***