[Opt-Net] Postdoc in Computational Optimization

Zemkoho A.B. A.B.Zemkoho at soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 17:01:00 CEST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Southampton (UK) is currently recruiting a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Computational Optimization to work on a new research project funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).

The aim of the project is to develop a solver for bilevel optimization based on continuous optimization techniques which rely on strong mathematical foundations. Applicants should have a PhD or equivalent experience in Mathematical Optimization, the ability to pursue research independently and as part of a team, and a track record of high quality original research. Expertise in nonsmooth and/or nonconvex optimization and computational optimization would be advantageous.

The post is located in the Operational Research Group (part of the Department of Mathematical Sciences), a committed and vibrant team of more than 30 academic staff and postgraduate students.  We collaborate with more than 150 industrial partners across the world to enable impact arising from our research. We take part in CORMSIS<http://www.southampton.ac.uk/cormsis/index.page>, the Centre for Operational Research, Management Science, and Information Systems, a joint research endeavour of the Department of Mathematical Sciences and the Business School of the University of Southampton. CORMSIS is the largest of such groups in the UK, and spans the full spectrum of current Operational Research and Management Science.

For more details on the position and the application procedure, please visit the following link: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BAY034/research-fellow/

Best wishes,
Alain.

----
Dr Alain B Zemkoho
School of Mathematics | CORMSIS | University of Southampton
Room 54/10027 | Highfield Campus | Southampton | SO17 1BJ | UK
T: +44(0) 238059 3863 | E: a.b.zemkoho at soton.ac.uk
W: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/~abz1e14