[Opt-Net] Call for sessions and talks in stream "Applications of heuristics" at IFORS 2017

Geir Hasle Geir.Hasle at sintef.no
Tue Feb 7 17:53:46 CET 2017

Dear colleague,

I apologize in advance for cross-posting.

I am organizing a stream of sessions called "Applications of heuristics" for the
IFORS 2017 conference in Québec, Canada July 17-21, http://ifors2017.ca

Heuristics come in many guises. They play important roles in analytics and operations research.
They are fundamental, not only in finding approximate solutions to hard optimization problems,
but also as performance enhancers in exact methods.

The scope of the stream is wide and includes all types of applications of heuristics
that are relevant to operations research and analytics. Proposals for sessions on real-life applications
of OR and analytics where heuristics are vital are particularly welcome.

If you would like to organize a session or give a talk in this stream, please contact me.

Best regards,
Geir Hasle

Geir HASLE, PhD
Chief Scientist
Mathematics and Cybernetics, SINTEF Digital
Mobile: +47-930 58 703
www.sintef.no<http://www.sintef.no/>