[Opt-Net] funded PhD positions in Lancaster

Letchford, Adam a.n.letchford at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue May 16 23:13:58 CEST 2017

PhD studentships for UK and EU nationals are available in "Statistics and Operational Research for Industry" (STOR-i), Lancaster University, UK, for October 2017 entry.

STOR-i is a pioneering 4 year MRes/PhD programme established in 2010. Using industrial challenges as the catalyst for mathematical innovation, the centre develops future international research leaders. Industrial partners include AstraZeneca, ATASS, BT, IBM, Rolls-Royce and Shell.  Our PhD projects involve substantial collaboration with our industrial partners, providing a unique research and training experience. The cohort-based PhD programme offers a unique style of PhD training, which provides an opportunity to:

- be part of an exciting new group of researchers;
- co-operate and interact with like-minded peers;
- work directly with leading industry partners;
- open up real potential for rapid career progression;
- make significant scientific and industrial impact with your research.

The studentships include tuition and a tax-free enhanced maintenance grant of approximately £16,296. On successful completion of the MRes, this will rise to £17,296 per year, or £19,296, for students undertaking an industry funded PhD.

Due to demand for places, early applications are strongly encouraged. To find out more please visit http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/apply or contact us at stor-i at lancaster.ac.uk.