[Opt-Net] Looking for a researcher interested in applying for an MSCA IF to work at the University of Jyvaskyla, FInland

Miettinen, Kaisa kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
Thu Jan 18 17:52:47 CET 2018

Dear Colleagues,

The Industrial Optimization Group (http://mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/) at the University of Jyväskylä (JYU) is searching for a top-class experienced researcher (ER) of any nationality interested in working as a member of the group at JYU and for this, preparing a collaborative Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA IF) application for the following EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 actions. The specific call is: EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 actions: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships – European (MSCA-IF-2018-EF, https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/calls/h2020-msca-if-2018.html#c,topics=callIdentifier/t/H2020-MSCA-IF-2018/1/1/1/default-group&callStatus/t/Forthcoming/1/1/0/default-group&callStatus/t/Open/1/1/0/default-group&callStatus/t/Closed/1/1/0/default-group&+identifier/desc), deadline September 12, 2018.

The Industrial Optimization Group works in nonlinear multiobjective optimization (theory, methods, applications, software) with both (nonlinear) mathematical optimization methods and evolutionary algorithms (as well as their hybrids) inspired by challenges of real applications like having computationally expensive functions. We are very interested in interactive multiobjective optimization methods and have developed and implemented many such methods (like NIMBUS, Pareto Navigator and NAUTILUS) and are developing an open source software framework DESDEO for interactive methods. Our interests include making decisions based on data, that is, decision analytics (or prescriptive analytics) - data-driven optimization  to support decision making and we  work in the thematic research area Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models and Multiobjective Optimization (DEMO, http://www.jyu.fi/demo).

If you are interested in some of the topics above or a related topic, please, contact me by February 15, 2018 and tell about your interests and some tentative ideas for collaboration. JYU provides support for selected ER candidates in preparing the application. If this funding is granted the ER is invited to Jyvaskyla to attend a course for preparing the MSCA-IF application on May  7-8, 2018 and meet us. (Travel and accommodation costs will be covered besides the course.)

- MSCA IF’s are intended for promising researchers from anywhere in the world.
-  ER must have a doctoral degree or at least four years' full-time research experience by the time of the call deadline in September.
-  Mobility across borders is a must: you should not have lived in Finland more than 12 months during the 36 months before the call deadline.
- The application is submitted by the host organization JYU and the supervisor at JYU.

If you are interested, please, contact me by February 15, 2018. If you know someone who might be interested in this opportunity, please, forward this message, thanks.

With best regards, Kaisa Miettinen

************************************
Professor Kaisa Miettinen, PhD
University of Jyvaskyla
Industrial Optimization Group: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/ Faculty of Information Technology, P.O. Box 35 (Agora)
FI-40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- - -
Director of the thematic research area Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models and Multiobjective Optimization,  http://www.jyu.fi/demo
- - -
tel. +358 50 3732247 (mob.)