[Opt-Net] Jobs in Computer Science/Operational Research at the University of Leicester, UK

Drake, John (Dr.) john.drake at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 15:52:46 CET 2020

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Mathematical Models and Algorithms for Allocating Scarce Airport Resources (OR-MASTER) is a Programme Grant funded by the Engineering and Physical Science Research Council, UK (EPSRC) involving University of Leicester and Lancaster University. OR-MASTER will develop new mathematical models and algorithms for solving complex, large-scale airport resource allocation problems. To achieve our objectives we seek to recruit world-leading researchers with ambition, potential and determination.
We are currently seeking to fill a couple of roles at the University of Leicester, UK:

  *   2-year Postdoc for OR-MASTER project: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BZG491/research-associate (£34,804 to £40,322 per annum, deadline 8th April)
  *   UK/EU Fully-funded PhD studentship: https://www.findaphd.com/phds/project/mathematical-models-and-algorithms-for-allocating-scarce-airport-resources/?p112409 (tuition fees + £15,009 per annum tax-free stipend).
We have another general studentship available in any area of metaheuristics/evolutionary computation.

The department is also advertising a general lectureship in any area of computer science:

  *   Lecturer in Computer Science (Assistant Professor equivalent): https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BYW396/lecturer-in-informatics (£40,322 to £49,553 per annum, deadline 24th March).

More details are available at the links above. Please feel free to share with your contacts. Informal enquiries related to the Postdoc and PhD position can be addressed to me directly.

Best wishes,

John