[Opt-Net] Research position in column generation methods for Machine Learning (Hamburg)

Nowak, Ivo ivo.nowak at haw-hamburg.de
Thu May 7 22:06:25 CEST 2020

Research position in column generation methods for Machine Learning

In the collaborative research project "LD-SODA: Learning-based Data Analysis - Stochastics, Optimization, Dynamics and Approximation" of HAW-Hamburg und University of Hamburg, funded by the State Research Funding Hamburg, a full-time research position (postdoc or PhD) is available for 3 years, starting, probably, on September 2020. The salary according to TV-LE 13 will be probably 3.500€-3.900€ depending on your qualifications. The candidate will develop column generation methods for simultanously determining the architecture of a deep neural network and the network weights.
We expect that you have a strong background in optimization methods, machine learning and software development. We offer a nice working atmosphere within a recently founded team of researchers of the HAW-Hamburg and University of Hamburg.
Applications should be sent to ivo.nowak at haw-hamburg.de, including a full CV and a research statement why you are interested in optimization methods for machine learning. For further information see
https://stellenportal.haw-hamburg.de/jobposting/76be0405dacc46ad232037728dcdcd15a82f1e450 (in german)
https://www.math.uni-hamburg.de/home/iske/soda.en.html and
https://www.haw-hamburg.de/ti-mp/unser-department/beschaeftigte/name/ivo-nowak.html

Best wishes