[Opt-Net] Open positions as a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland

Miettinen, Kaisa kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
Wed Sep 16 20:40:17 CEST 2020

Dear Recipient,

We have open 4-year post-doctoral researcher positions at the Faculty of Information Technology, University of Jyvaskyla in Finland. The application deadline is October 2, 2020. For more information, see https://rekry.saima.fi/certiahome/open_job_view.html?did=5600&jc=12&id=00009715&lang=fi. Applications are to be submitted via the online application system (button at the top of the above-mentioned page).

The faculty’s main research areas mentioned in the announcement include multiobjective optimization as well as decision/prescriptive analytics and data-driven optimization (including machine learning and artificial intelligence).

In the Multiobjective Optimization Group, we develop, implement and apply multiobjective optimization methods, in particular, interactive methods. We work with both methods with theoretical foundations and heuristics like evolutionary algorithms and tackle challenges of real (both simulation-based and data-driven) problems.

We develop open source software (DESDEO framework, desdeo.it.jyu.fi) and visualizations; and we apply artificial intelligence and machine learning tools in supporting decision making. We are actively involved in the so-called profiling area DEMO – Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models and Multiobjective Optimization (referred to in the above-mentioned announcement as “ computational sciences and data-analytics/ computational thinking and decision-making”.

Rather recently graduated researchers with a doctoral degree relevant to these areas are most welcome to apply! For further information of the Multiobjective Optimization Group and DEMO, see http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup and http://www.jyu.fi/demo, respectively.

The positions are for four years and the recruited researchers should preferable be able to start in January 2021. Postdoctoral researchers are expected to be active in high-quality publishing and in applying for research funding. In addition, they are expected to teach.

Please, forward this announcement to those who might be interested in the positions. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

With best regards, Kaisa Miettinen

************************************
Professor Kaisa Miettinen, PhD
University of Jyvaskyla
Multiobjective Optimization Group: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/
(our group name has changed!)
Faculty of Information Technology, P.O. Box 35 (Agora)
FI-40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- - -
* Director of the thematic research area Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models
and Multiobjective Optimization, http://www.jyu.fi/demo
- - -
tel. +358 50 3732247 (mob.)
email: kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi