[Opt-Net] Open post-doctoral positions at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland - Are you interested in joining the Multiobjective Optimization Group?

Miettinen, Kaisa kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
Tue May 23 15:35:39 CEST 2023

Dear Recipient,

We are recruiting post-doctoral researchers at the Faculty of Information Technology<https://www.jyu.fi/it/en>, University of Jyvaskyla in Finland. The application deadline is June 11, 2023. For more information, see
2-3 POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHERS | Faculty of Information Technology | TalentAdore - Superior Candidate Experience<https://ats.talentadore.com/apply/2-3-post-doctoral-researchers/DoBQ2J>
Applications are to be submitted via the online application system (button at the top of the above-mentioned page).

One of the research groups of the faculty (mentioned in the announcement) is Multiobjective Optimization Group (part of the computational science area) that works on multiobjective optimization as well as decision/prescriptive analytics and data-driven optimization.

We welcome new, talented members to the Multiobjective Optimization Group. The group develops methods for supporting decision making in the presence of multiple conflicting objective functions. Therefore, knowledge of multiobjective optimization is required. The group develops methods as well as software and works with various applications of multiobjective optimization (in a broad range of domains). Examples of our research interests are interactive scalarization based and evolutionary methods and their hybrids. We work with both simulation-based (also computationally expensive) and data-driven problems. We also develop visualizations and apply artificial intelligence, machine learning tools and explainability as a part of the decision support processes. We are interested in supporting a single decision maker as well as groups of decision makers and deal with both deterministic problems and problems under (deep) uncertainty. We are developing an open-source software framework DESDEO for interactive multiobjective optimization methods (desdeo.it.jyu.fi). Furthermore, we are actively involved in a profiling (thematic research) area called Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models and Multiobjective Optimization (DEMO, referred to in the above-mentioned announcement as "Data Science and Decision-making"), where the objective is to support data-driven decision making.

Rather recently graduated researchers with a doctoral degree relevant to these areas are most welcome to apply! For further information of the Multiobjective Optimization Group and DEMO, see http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup and http://www.jyu.fi/demo, respectively.

The positions are for max four years and the recruited researchers should preferable be able to start in August 2023 or as agreed (one can have a post-doctoral position for max 4+2 years). Postdoctoral researchers are expected to be active in internationally high-quality research and publishing and to take part in applying for research funding. In addition, they are expected to teach and supervise students.

Please, forward this announcement to those who might be interested in the positions. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions!

With best regards, Kaisa Miettinen
************************************
Professor Kaisa Miettinen, PhD
University of Jyvaskyla
Multiobjective Optimization Group: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/
Faculty of Information Technology, P.O. Box 35 (Agora)
FI-40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- - -
* Director of the thematic research area Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models
and Multiobjective Optimization, http://www.jyu.fi/demo
- - -
- - -
tel. +358 50 3732247 (mob.)