[Opt-Net] PhD Opportunities in Optimization and Operational Research at the University of Edinburgh

E. Alper YILDIRIM eayildirim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 12:49:26 CET 2023

Applications are invited for PhD studies in Optimization and Operational
Research at the School of Mathematics at the University of Edinburgh for
the academic year 2024-2025. A degree in mathematics or operational
research is *not* an application requirement. *Our PhD students have
backgrounds in engineering, mathematics, computer science, business,
physical sciences, or related fields. *

The School of Mathematics offers several fully funded PhD studentships each
year. Students receiving School funding are awarded a competitive stipend
equivalent to UKRI stipend rates (*£18,622* *per year* for the current
academic year) for *a period of 4 years plus tuition fee waiver*.  All
applications received by *22 January 2024 will receive full consideration
for funding. *Later applications will be considered until all positions are
filled.

*Why Study Optimization and Operational Research in Edinburgh?*

The Optimization and Operational Research Group
<https://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/school-of-mathematics/research/data-decisions/optimization-and-operational-research/people>
in
the School of Mathematics is an international leader in *the mathematical
and computing aspects of optimization and operational research*, core
elements of *Data Science*, with members of high repute, as evidenced by
Editorial Board Memberships in major international journals, international
research awards, fellowships, and other peer recognitions, and memberships
of prestigious international societies. The group members collaborate with
several research groups in the UK and overseas, and are actively engaged in
collaborations with industry and government.

*Research Areas*

   1. Computational Optimization and Applications
   2. Continuous Optimization
   3. Decision Making under Uncertainty
   4. Future Energy Networks
   5. Integer and Combinatorial Optimization

*Further Information and Application Requirements*

For our poster, please visit

https://edin.ac/3R6IiL0

For further information on our PhD programme and application process,
please visit
https://edin.ac/47aCmXD

For queries, please send an e-mail to Dr Alper Yildirim, our PhD
representative, at E.A.Yildirim at ed.ac.uk