[Scip] Regarding a MIP problem

gaurav khanna khannag at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Dec 7 20:26:19 MET 2006

Hi all,

I have tried to use SCIP with MOSEK to solve a 0-1 MIP problem. The
problem has 54061 variables and 78326 constraints. The instance has been
running for the last 3 hours using the standard parameter file scip.set.
To reduce the running time of the solver, is there any way I can change
the parameter values in the scip.set file to speedup the  solution.
Are there any specific parameters which I should target? Also,
I am ok with getting feasible solutions to the MIP which need not be
globally optimal. Is there a way to do that using SCIP that is to get a
feasible solution in a lesser amount of time without significant loss in
quality as compared to the global optimal.

The problem instance (MPS) is present at

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~khannag/prob_8_lc.mps

Regards
Gaurav

Gaurav Khanna