[Scip] SCIP with Compaq Visual Fortran

Tobias Achterberg achterberg at zib.de
Tue Dec 4 10:03:15 MET 2007

Hi Jose,

> I would like to know if it is possible to use SCIP as a callable library
> from a project in Compaq Visual Fortran. In case it is possible, could
> you provide me with an example or give me some references in order to do it?

Wow. That's a tough question, and I have to admit that I do not know much about this.

I assume the following:
1. You are running Windows.
2. Linking to C code of a Windows DLL from Compaq Visual Fortran should be possible.

If these two assumptions are true, then your question boils down to whether one can
compile SCIP as a DLL.

The answer to this is: it should be possible, but you have to do it manually, either by
adjusting the makefile or by using MS Visual Studio.

To use MS Visual Studio, you can either start with the 'scip_make_vc7.zip' that you can
download from the SCIP website at http://scip.zib.de/download.shtml and update it from
version 0.82 to 1.00 to reflect the changes in the source files, or you can just create
your own solution/project file from scratch: just add all source files in the
scip-<version>/src/ subdirectories to your project.

If someone already has a working project file for MS Visual Studio, please send it to the
SCIP team such that we can post it on the website!

Best, Tobias