[Scip] Constraints as branching decisions

Sandro Pirkwieser pirkwieser at ads.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 11 10:02:11 MET 2008

Hi all,

in one of my branching rules I have to include additional constraints
and would like to know the recommended (or most appropriate) way of
doing this. I also need their dual values in the pricer, so only adding
them via SCIPaddConsNode is not enough (I assume), since some reference
is missing (?). A first idea is to use a constraint handler and
add/remove the constraint(s) using a suitable data structure. What is
common practice?
I have also a question regarding global and local constraints: how can I
change the left/right hand side of a global constraint during branching,
s.t. it basically becomes a local constraint in the corresponding node?
Thanks.

Best regards,
Sandro Pirkwieser