[Scip] numerical troubles in LP when using Cplex

Sandro Pirkwieser pirkwieser at ads.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 18 13:19:24 MET 2008

Hi all,

I am experiencing problems when using Cplex 11.1 as well as 11.2 as LP
solver in a branch and price application.
For some instances it happens that I get many of these warnings/errors:
"(node xx) unresolved numerical troubles in LP xx -- using pseudo
solution instead (loop 1)"
and a lot of nodes are generated, basically without further progress.
This happens especially when the remaining gap is quite small (zero
point something). When I apply SoPlex or CLP then this does not occur
and the program terminates with closing the gap.
Probably this is only an additional setting to be used in combination
with Cplex and someone already solved this problem.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Sandro Pirkwieser