[Scip] scaling

Tobias Achterberg achterberg at zib.de
Wed Nov 26 17:50:43 MET 2008

Hi Tamas,

I think you should first check whether Soplex is the issue. For this, you can just link
SCIP to CPLEX instead of Soplex. Just go into the "scip/" directory and enter

make LPS=cpx

Then, you will be asked for the path to the CPLEX include files, the libcplex.a, and a
libcplex.so file. If you have the .a file, you don't need the .so file and can just hit
enter for the .so file question.

After having compiled SCIP/CPLEX, just try it. If it finds a solution, the issue is in
Soplex. If it doesn't find a solution, the issue is in SCIP's presolving. In both cases,
it would be nice if would report your findings to the scip mailing list.

Best, Tobias