[Scip] Most important SCIP parameters

Kevin Tierney ktierney at cs.brown.edu
Fri Oct 30 16:30:54 MET 2009

Hello,

I am a masters student at Brown University conducting research into
tuning the parameters of algorithms across various datasets. I am
interested in tuning SCIP due to the high number parameters, but the 800
parameters also pose a challenge: The search space is huge!

I was hoping I could get some feedback from people as to what parameters
they often use (or wish they could use but haven't found good values
for) in their own work/research, and on what type of problems you use
those parameters. (The values you use would be a great help as well for
comparison! And If you have a link to a dataset you use that would be
great too!).

My goal is to put together a list of 30-80 of the parameters that effect
SCIP performance the most and then tune them over the course of the next
several months. The results of this study will be made available to
anyone interested and hopefully be finalized in a conference paper.

For a look at my previous work tuning the parameters of several SAT
solvers, please see: http://cs.brown.edu/~sello/PAPER/cp09-gbac.pdf

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Kevin Tierney