[Scip] Detecting specific constraint types from linear constraints

Martin Bergner mbergner at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Apr 13 09:35:32 MEST 2010

Hello all,

I want to detect certain types of constraints such as knapsack/set-
partitioning/packing etc. . Luckily, the presolver already does that.
However, the presolver in its default settings is too good, e. g.
knapsack constraints are converted to logicor or clique constraints,
which is one step to far. I just want to know if I can upgrade the
constraint to a particular type.

It is certainly possible to call the linear upgrade method of the
relevant constraint handler, but this adds the upgraded constraint to
it. Actually, I don't want to upgrade the constraint, I just want to
know if I can upgrade it. Is there a better way to do detect a
specialized constraint other then upgrading the constraint and then
deleting it again from the handler?

Regards,
Martin