[Scip] Performance of Nehalem machine

Thorsten Koch koch at zib.de
Thu Apr 22 09:24:46 MEST 2010

Dear Anthony,

Hans and Michael found it: Your Nehalem is not running correctly.

Am 20.04.2010 22:30, schrieb Anthony Presley:
> Hans:
>
> For the Nehalem:
>
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 26
> model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5570  @ 2.93GHz
> stepping        : 5
> cpu MHz         : 1600.085
                    ^^^^^^^^
My guesses are: Defect, misconfigured, or you have TurboBoost on, use
all cores and
the cooling is not running well.

> cache size      : 8192 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 8
> core id         : 0
> cpu cores       : 4
> apicid          : 0
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 11
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall
> nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc nonstop_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2
> ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm
> bogomips        : 3200.17

Here is our Nehalem: (looks is twice the bogo mips).

Nehalem
=======
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 26
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           W5580  @ 3.20GHz
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 3192.553
cache size      : 8192 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 11
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm
constant_tsc arch_per
fmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology tsc_reliable nonstop_tsc pni dtes64
monitor ds_cpl vmx es
t tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm dca sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm tpr_shadow
vnmi flexpriority e
pt vpid
bogomips        : 6385.10
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

Best regards,
Thorsten
--
The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Curiosity has its own reason for existing.          -- Albert Einstein

Kooperativer Bibliotheksverbund Berlin Brandenburg  http://www.kobv.de