[Scip] The scip examples

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Wed Apr 28 22:17:02 MEST 2010

Hi Loreena,

The question is what do understand as "example".

Since you downloaded a binary you can use that to solve problems which are
given in "lp", "mps", "cnf", "opb", and some other formats. If you want to
know more about the use of the interactive shell of SCIP follow the link below
and read the section "Using SCIP as a standalone MIP-Solver"
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/FAQ.html

In the ZIBOPT Suite you find a directory "examples" these are examples which
show the use of SCIP as a library.  All these example extend SCIP with one or
more problem specific plugins. There are examples which illustrate the use of
SCIP as a Column Generation Framework or extend SCIP with plugins to directly
solve the N-Queens problem. To be able to run them you have to download the
ZIBOPT Suite, unpack that tarball, follow the instruction in the INSTALL file
to compile the ZIBOPT Suite. Afterwards you can move to one of the example
folders of SCIP and compile them (see the INSATLL file in the corresponding
directory). In each of the examples you can run "make doc" which generates a
documentation for the example ("doc/html/index.html").

Cheers Stefan