[Scip] SCIP doesn't start the solution process after presolving

Sebastian Ruther Sebastian.Ruther at uon.edu.au
Wed Aug 11 09:25:22 MEST 2010

  Hello,

I am trying to solve a MIP but SCIP or Cplex gets stuck somewhere.
I load the default plug-ins and after presolving it doesn't start the
main solution process
.
Presolving deletes 1300 variables and 800 constraints. After that the
problem has 16000 constraints and 19600 variables with 19200 being
binary and the rest continuous.
After displaying the presolving time (which is 157 sec) nothing happens
for at least one hour. The CPU is busy but like I said the main solution
process is not started. What's going on? Is SCIP transferring the
problem to Cplex? That shouldn't take so long for a medium seized problem.
After 1-4 hours it starts the solution process.

Regards,
Sebastian