[Scip] how to solve a new IP during the branch and price

michael.winkler@zib.de michael.winkler at zib.de
Mon Aug 16 14:55:36 MEST 2010

Hi,

for creating a new MIP inside SCIP you can use the following methods:

SCIP_CALL( SCIPcreate(&subscip) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeDefaultPlugins(subscip) );
... maybe change some parameters for your subscip
SCIP_CALL( SCIPcreateProb(...) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPcreateVar(...) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPaddVar(...) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPreleaseVar(...) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPcreateConsLinear(...) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPaddCons(...) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPreleaseCons(...) );

for solving you can call:
SCIP_CALL( SCIPpresolve(subscip) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPsolve(subscip) );

and last but not least you should finish the subscip via:
SCIP_CALL( SCIPfree(&subscip) );

For examples creating subscips you can take a look at:
src/scip/heur_rens.c ,
src/scip/heur_crossover.c or
src/scip/sepa_zerohalf.c

Hope that will help.