[Scip] SCIP doesn't start the solution process after presolving

Sebastian Ruther Sebastian.Ruther at uon.edu.au
Wed Aug 18 01:49:25 MEST 2010

  Hello Tobias,

yeah you were right. I stopped it after the root node and the statistics
showed it took more than 3 hours to solve the LP. I guess I was
expecting some kind of output as soon as the main solution process
starts. That's why I assumed it was spending this much time to load the
problem.

Cplex' barrier method solves the problem in 5 s. However I used it as a
stand alone solver. When I call the barrier method in SCIP using
SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetCharParam(scip, "lp/initalgorithm", 'b') );
I get an assertion error:
lp->nlpicols == 0 && lp->nlpirows == 0, file [...]\src\scip\lp.c line 9244
what is going wrong?

Another question I have: I want to disable presolving. I use
SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetBoolParam(scip, "lp/presolving", FALSE) );
but presolving is executed nonetheless.  I load the default plug-ins
     SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeDefaultPlugins(scip) );
and then call
     SCIP_CALL_ABORT(SCIPsolve(scip));

Thank you
Sebastian