[Scip] Assertion failed SCIPisLE(scip, rootsol, SCIPvarGetLbGlobal(var)) in prop_rootredcost.c, line 168

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 27 10:36:09 MEST 2010

Hi,

probably your model is numerically badly scaled.
Do you solve a MIP? You may have a look at your coefficients in the
matrix and sides. If the range of the coefficients is large, then the LP
solver in SCIP likely has some problems.

Stefan

Sebastian Ruther wrote:

>  Hello Stefan,
>
> looks like it.
> It works with the SCIPisFeasLE but has 'unresolved numerical troubles in
> LP xxxx at almost every node.
> How can I find out more about what's going on with that?
>
> Sebastian
>
> On 26/08/2010 10:24 PM, Stefan Vigerske wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> maybe just a numerical issue.
>> Does it work if you replace SCIPisLE by SCIPisFeasLE?
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> Sebastian Ruther wrote:
>>>    Hello,
>>>
>>> I am solving a MIP. I keep getting the following assertion error:
>>> Assertion failed SCIPisLE(scip, rootsol, SCIPvarGetLbGlobal(var)), file
>>> [...]\src\scip\prop_rootredcost.c, line 168.
>>> The comment after the assert statement reads /* lb might have been
>>> increased in the meantime */
>>> I'm not doing anything fancy, I just send it off to CPLEX. What is going
>>> wrong?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Sebastian

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan