[Scip] How to update separators in a branch-price-and-cut?

nikolaj@crt.umontreal.ca nikolaj at crt.umontreal.ca
Mon Aug 30 14:34:31 MEST 2010

Hello Marco and everybody else,

[I've posted this email a few days ago but I didn't get any feedback, so I
post it here again. If I need to reformulate my question, don't hesitate
to tell me. Thanks in advance for your valuable comments.]

Thank you very much for your comment. I saw your article
"Branch-Price-and-Cut Algorithms" (and I'll stick to your terminology). I
will read it carefully in the coming days.

I would like to have a total control on some of the SCIP_ROWs I add/remove
to/from the LP. These rows should be updated in the pricing process. Here
are some questions.

If I use SCIPaddCut with the flag forcecut set to TRUE, is it guaranteed
that SCIP will add the SCIP_ROW? Or will it perform some (hidden) tests
before and only add the cut if these tests are successfully passed?

If I don't want SCIP to remove the SCIP_ROW I added, I guess that I need
to set the flag removable in SCIPcreateRow to FALSE. Is this enough to
have a guarantee the SCIP_ROW will stay in the LP?

How do I do to delete from the LP (and the cutpool) some of the added
SCIP_ROWs (I don't touch the initial model contraints)?

The LPs I have to solve are numerically very unstable and I need to be
able to add some cuts even if they are "poor". At the same time, the LPs
are huge, so I need to be able to reduce them as much as possible as soon
as possible.

Thank you very much in advance.

Have a nice day/night,

Nikolaj