[Scip] Some methods in scip.h usable with OPT=dbg don't compile without

Martin Bergner mbergner at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jul 1 11:25:51 MEST 2010

Hi all,

when compiling my project with

make ZIMPL=false LPS=cpx OPT=dbg

everything works as expected. However, compiling with

make ZIMPL=false LPS=cpx

does not work. The following errors appear:
src/presol_arrowheur.cpp: In function ‘SCIP_RETCODE buildGraphStructure(SCIP*, SCIP_PRESOLDATA*)’:
src/presol_arrowheur.cpp:204: error: ‘SCIPptrarrayExtend’ was not declared in this scope
src/presol_arrowheur.cpp:205: error: ‘SCIPintarrayExtend’ was not declared in this scope
src/presol_arrowheur.cpp:210: error: ‘SCIPintarrayCreate’ was not declared in this scope
src/presol_arrowheur.cpp:244: error: ‘SCIPintarraySetVal’ was not declared in this scope
src/presol_arrowheur.cpp:246: error: ‘SCIPintarraySetVal’ was not declared in this scope
src/presol_arrowheur.cpp:252: error: ‘SCIPptrarraySetVal’ was not declared in this scope
src/presol_arrowheur.cpp:317: error: ‘SCIPintarrayGetVal’ was not declared in this scope
(shortened, but only the same information in diffent methods)

I do not use these functions directly but rather SCIPsetIntarrayVal and
so on defined in scip.h.

Having a quick look at scip.h shows that without -DNDEBUG, the methods
for dynamic arrays are defined as extern, with NDEBUG as defines to
methods in misc.h which I haven't included as it is labeled internal
miscellaneous methods. It doesn't sound right to include that file. In
any case, as it is right now, I can not use these methods in non-debug
mode with just including scip.h.

Is this known, am I supposed to include misc.h as well (well in fact why
should I, the method is defined in scip.h!) or is there something I have
missed?

I'm currently using scip 1.2.0.8.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Martin