[Scip] New Solution Callback

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 16 22:43:28 MEST 2010

Hi,

Jakob Breier wrote:
> SolFoundEventHandler::SolFoundEventHandler() :
> ObjEventhdlr("SOLFOUND","desc")
> // As far as I understand the interface the above line should tell
> // scip that I want to catch the SOLFOUND event.
> {
>
> }

No, "SOLFOUND" is just the name of your eventhandler.
I think you need to catch and drop the solfound event by call something like
SCIP_CALL( SCIPcatchEvent(scip, SCIP_EVENTTYPE_SOLFOUND, eventhdlr,
eventdata, NULL) );
in scip_initsol and
SCIP_CALL( SCIPdropEvent(scip, SCIP_EVENTTYPE_SOLFOUND, eventhdlr,
eventdata, -1) );
in scip_exitsol.

Stefan

> SCIP_RETCODE SolFoundEventHandler::scip_exec(
>          SCIP*              scip,
>          SCIP_EVENTHDLR*    eventhdlr,
>          SCIP_EVENT*        event,
>          SCIP_EVENTDATA*    eventdata
>          )
> {
>
>          SCIPerrorMessage("This message will never be printed.");
>          SCIPABORT();
>
>          return SCIP_OKAY;
>

> }
>
> Also "SCIP_CALL_ABORT(SCIPincludeObjEventhdlr(scip_,
> &solFoundEventHandler, false));" is called before the solving begins
> (solFoundEventHandler is of course an object of type
> SolFoundEventHandler). Yet SCIP_RETCODE SolFoundEventHandler::scip_exec
> is never called.
> Do you know what I do wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Jakob Breier

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan