[Scip] Fwd: Fwd: stop condition of pricing routine

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Wed Jul 28 18:45:48 MEST 2010

Hi Mattia,

Am 28.07.2010 16:51, schrieb Mattia Barbieri:

> Also this idea sounds good. Perhaps the overhead introduced by the LP
> solving is too heavy, but this has to be tested experimentally. If I
> understood correctly, the primal solution given by the LP solver will
> be used to start the LP probing node, and this hopefully would speed
> up the solving process. Is that right?

yes, this should be right. At least, if you only add dual constraints to
the LP for the stabilization and no primal constraints/dual variables.
Then the current basis should stay primal feasible and SCIP would try to
use the primal simplex. If you add both dual constraints as well as dual
variables, then you could perhaps first add the dual variables,
reoptimze with the dual simplex, then add the dual constraints and
reoptimize with the primal simplex. However, I think you would have
similar problems even if you would implement your own stabilized
B&P-Solver, so I do not think that you loose much by doing it this way
in SCIP.

Best regards,