[Scip] tail effect

marco.luebbecke@googlemail.com marco.luebbecke at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 11 17:32:49 MEST 2010

Hi Mattia,

When you stabilize like in the Frangioni paper you add these "soft box constraints" to the duals which means that you add variables in the master, the procedure is described in that paper, you do not need to compute any duals yourself, the additional primal variable do this automatically, which is an advantage over computing stabilized duals yourself like in a recent suggestion by Uchoa et al. (a maschine scheduling preprint, I forgot the title). Yesterday we implemented the latter, more static approach, and it did not work too well, so (a) do what Frangioni says, (b) or use an interior point method to solve the master, (c) or use the bundle method, (d) or have a look at an encyclopedia article I finished a few days ago, topmost on my pubs page.

Have fun
Marco

-- not in my office...