[Scip] about scip api

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Tue Jun 22 10:40:43 MEST 2010

Hi,

> I would like to know if there is  a material about this scip API, to have
>  an ideia about
> which parameters to use in each function , Is there available besides the
> explication on the scip website?
there is a doxygen documentation which explains each function with its
parameters.

http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/index.html

For reading a mps file you can use the interactive shell of SCIP. This would
look like this

SCIP> read filename.mps
SCIP> optimize

In case you want to use SCIP as a callable library it would look like this:

SCIP* scip;

/* initialize SCIP */
SCIP_CALL( SCIPcreate(&scip) );
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8c.html#cf9182389e37e83d75f471f907250081

/* include default SCIP plugins */
SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeDefaultPlugins(scip) );
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scipdefplugins_8c.html#916f8b05e80e6f6b4a29325242339589

/* read problem */
SCIP_CALL( SCIPreadProb(scip, "filename.mps", NULL) );
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8c.html#f86148a97b0123d44562de425346a4c7

/* solve problem */
SCIP_CALL( SCIPsolve(scip) );
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8c.html#da79e0a57f2f33cf847831b66f70afec