[Scip] scip reports optimal solution along with violated constraints

Martin Bergner mbergner at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Mar 10 11:45:18 MET 2010

Hello Michael,
> Martin, you wrote, that you used "SCIPcreate/addCons/Var". This means you
> use SCIP(create/add)Cons and SCIP(create/add)Var?

Yes, precisely. But the other way around, first I create and added the
variables, then I create the constraints, add the variables to the
constraints and finally add the variables. I will try to produce a
minimal test case and sent it to the mailing list. This is, however, not
that easy, so it will be finished only after lunch, I suppose ... .

> Did you run scip in debug-mode? If not please do so.
Yes, I do get an error but that only related to the relaxator and not to
the solution of the individual subproblems, these return an optimal
solution even though scip notices this error somehow. Btw, a valgrind
run does not show any major errors (only in the cplex lib, but I can"t
help that .. ).

Regards,
Martin