[Scip] scip reports optimal solution along with violated constraints

Martin Bergner mbergner at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Mar 10 13:59:40 MET 2010

Hello Tobias, hello Stefan,

> could you please try to extract a small code example that just includes default plugins,
> creates and populates a problem, and solves it? Then, we could look at your problem setup
> code and see whether this is correct or not.
Ok, I found the problem while trying to get a minimal test case to work.
Your first intuition that the setup code was incorrect was right. At
some point I got the scip instances messed up and I created the
constraint in one (the original) instance and added it to another
instance. I thought I checked that part for exactly this mistake at
least three times before sending the first email. So again, that was my
fault and I'm really sorry for that. I hope I didn't waste too much of
your time.

Is there a way to notice that from a scip point of view to guard (me)
against this stupid kind of mistake in the future? Scip somehow seemed
to notice it after the solution process. The other way around (adding
constraints to the wrong instance) would have been much easier to debug.

Regards,
Martin