[Scip] error information "[src/scip/scip.c:11865] ERROR: LP notsolved to optimality"

XiangyongLi lixiangyong at 163.com
Wed Mar 17 02:51:44 MET 2010

Dear Gerald,

Thanks for your help.

>what do you need the LP objective value for in the pricing routine? I
>don't think that a pricer needs it.

I know the pricer does not need the LP objective. I just want to check it. Now after I added one variable to the problem (just one variable is added once in my code), I call the pricer again at the same node. In this new call, I used SCIPgetLPObjval(scip) to get the LP objective. Then the error came up.

>Did you find a solution before the errors occured? I conjecture that the
>solving process of the LP was stopped
>due to the objective limit, so it is not solved to optimality. The dual
>solution values can be used for pricing, anyway.
>You could call SCIPgetLPSolstat() to check whether it returns
>"SCIP_LPSOLSTAT_OBJLIMIT" or value "4", if not, please tell us.

Before solving LP,  I have used heuristic to find a feasible solution.

I have checked LP status. SCIPgetLPSolstat()  returned "SCIP_LPSOLSTAT_OBJLIMIT".  So  the objective limit was reached during optimization. I do not know why my problem reached the objective limit.  Acutally in my B&P, the formulation is not complicated. Is there any way to figure out the above problem?

>Do you use Farkas pricing to obtain feasibility of your restricted LP?
>In this case, if Farkas pricing is performed,
>it should return "SCIP_LPSOLSTAT_INFEASIBLE" or value "2", so that would
>also be correct.
>Please tell us whether you could resolve the problem.

Only my own pricing is used in my code.

Thanks.

Xiangyong LI