[Scip] questions on GUB cut of SCIP

Tobias Achterberg achterberg at zib.de
Wed Mar 24 11:53:32 MET 2010

Hi Jinghui,

sorry to answer so late, I am really busy these days...

As far as I know, there is still no GUB cover cut in SCIP. There is a corresponding code
in the presolving methods of the knapsack constraint hander, but not in the separation
procedures.

The way to integrate this separator would be to extend the cut separation procedures in
cons_knapsack.c. You should ask the SCIP development team (which I am no longer a member
of), in this case Kati Wolter (wolter at zib.de), how to proceed.

Regarding your second question, the answer is "yes". It should be pretty easy to include
your primal heuristic. I don't know exactly what you mean with "variable reduction".
Variable selection rules for branching as well as presolving methods can be added easily
to SCIP.

Tobias