[Scip] Transformed constraints

Julio Rojas jcredberry at gmail.com
Fri May 14 09:39:52 MEST 2010

Thank you very much for your explanation Michael. I'm not programming
with SCIP, as my rudimentary C knowledge wouldn't let me go very far
and I'm already behind my schedule. I create an lp file and pass it to
the standalone solver. Would you care to explain a little bit more the
logicor constraint? In my problem, I have the following constraint
from which I believe it comes:

-1<= 2*y12 - x1 - x2 <= 0
[logicor] <both_x1x2_a>: logicor(<t_y12>, <t_x1_neg>, <t_x2_neg>)

I guess that logicor stands for "logic or", but my constraint is more
of a "logic and" in the sense that if y12 is in the solution then both
x1 and x2 are also part of the solution. Why an "or"?

On the setppc constraint:
[setppc] <both_x5x6_b_clq_0_0>: +<t_y56> +<t_x6_neg> <= 1;

Is this derived from the same original constraint as the logicor? Why
both? I actually included the setppc constraint in my model when I was
starting to define it, but I dropped it later on its development as I
thought it was redundant. I guess not :)

Again, thanks in advance. I don't know where I would be in my thesis
if not for you guys and SCIP. I was fed up by my CPLEX friends (PhD in
OR) laughing at me for using lpsolve. ;)

Julio Rojas
jcredberry at gmail.com