[Scip] A question regarding node selection

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 30 19:31:41 MEST 2011

Hi,

each nodeselector has it's priority.
SCIP then employs them in order of decreasing priority, until one of
them selects a node.

If you type "display nodesel" in the SCIP shell, then you see the
priorities, per default, "estimate" has the highest priority.

Stefan

> Hello SCIP list!
>
> After having (re)read the Coloring example I have a question. In coloringplugins.c the following is stated
>
>     SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeNodeselBfs(scip) );
>     SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeNodeselDfs(scip) );
>     SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeNodeselEstimate(scip) );
>     SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeNodeselHybridestim(scip) );
>     SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeNodeselRestartdfs(scip) );
>
> I am however puzzled as to which strategy is actually employed with these calls. Some kind of mixture of them? Just the first? Or the last? What decides which strategy is used?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tue Christensen
>

> --
> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and privileged material.
>
> Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,or taking of any action in reliance upon, this informationby persons or entities other than the intended recipientis prohibited.
>
> If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan