[Scip] Unbounded LP Relaxation

Stephen J Maher stephen.maher at student.unsw.edu.au
Fri Feb 18 06:25:09 MET 2011

Hi All,

I am using SCIP to implement Benders decomposition. I am having some
difficulty with some of the subproblems in that the LP relaxation
becomes unbounded in some iterations of the program. When I run my
program in debug mode I get the error

[src/scip/lpi_spx.cpp:3100] ERROR: SCIPlpiGetPrimalRay() not supported
by SoPlex

What I was wondering is whether it is possible to identify at some stage
in the SCIP solving process whether the LP is unbounded, and to stop the
solving?

I am solving the subproblems with column generation so I have tried
using the functions

SCIPlpiIsPrimalUnbounded and SCIPlpiIsDualUnbounded

however they both return false and then the error occurs.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Steve