[Scip] Forking and LP Basis updates

Siddhartha Jain tmfs10 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 09:37:44 MEST 2011

Hi,

I had two questions.

>From what I understand, forking a node means the node has been marked as an
internal node in the search tree with children. Is this correct?

I was looking around the SCIP source code to figure out how the LP basis is
updated to give a warm start at each node where the LP needs to be solved.
As far as I could figure out, it seems like the entire basis information for
every node that is forked is stored when the fork happens and is later
restored for the children nodes if and when it is needed. Is my
understanding correct? If it is, then why is the basis information not
stored incrementally for the nodes (i.e. a child node could only store the
basis information which has changed between it and the parent, etc.)?

Thanks a lot,
--Sid