[Scip] system vs. user time

michael.winkler@zib.de michael.winkler at zib.de
Thu Mar 3 01:08:24 MET 2011

Hi James,

I wanted to add that if the reason is really time measurement that you
could also try to change it from cpu to wall clock time by changing the
parameter set/timing/clocktype to 2. But maybe it's another reason,
because your numbers look very strange. Was there no endless loop? Do you
have a SCIP statistic on your run where you can see where the time was
spent?
If you don't know already, if you have valgrind you could determine
exactly were the time is spend by first compiling your programm with the
"-g" option and run it by
"valgrind -v --tool=callgrind your_executable_with_options_and_parameters".
This will create an file "callgrind.out.PID" (PID process id) and you can
look at all your lines of code where exactly the time is spent by open the
output file with "kcachegrind".

Best, Michael