[Scip] Does scip support choosing the solver from client code?

Timo Berthold berthold at zib.de
Tue May 31 11:54:29 MEST 2011

Dear Christophe-Marie.

There is always only one LP solver compiled into one binary. It is not
possible to choose or even switch between different LP solvers during
runtime. However, comparing speed can be easily done by comparing the
performance of the two SCIP binaries.

If you like to compare performance for more than a single instance, you
may consider to use SCIP's automatic testing scripts for this, see
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/TEST.html

If, e.g., you wanted to compare SCIP with SoPlex and Cplex as LP solver,
this would work as follows:
make LPS=spx; make LPS=cpx; make LPS=spx TEST=mytestset test; make LPS=cpx
TEST=mytestset test; cd check; allcmpres.sh results/*mytestset*.res
where check/mytestset.test is a file listing the location of your test
instances.

Have fun,
Timo