[Scip] Accessing basis information of a node LP

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Mon Oct 17 08:35:46 MEST 2011

Hi Matthias,

thanks for your question. The correct way are by using the public methods

SCIP_BASESTAT SCIPcolGetBasisStatus(SCIP_COL* col)
SCIP_BASESTAT SCIProwGetBasisStatus(SCIP_COL* row)

from src/scip/pub_lp.h, which will return one of

SCIP_BASESTAT_{LOWER,UPPER,BASIC,ZERO}

There is no public method to access the entire basis, but the above
methods are inlined, i.e., very fast. The information is, of course,
only valid if SCIPgetLPSolstat(scip) == SCIP_LPSOLSTAT_OPTIMAL and
SCIPisLPSolBasic(scip) == TRUE. For columns which are not in the LP,
SCIP_BASESTAT_ZERO is returned. For rows not in the LP,
SCIP_BASESTAT_BASIC is returned.

ambros