[Scip] XOR constraints

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Tue Oct 18 08:44:46 MEST 2011

Hi Jörg,

an xor(x_1, ..., x_n) is usually not equivalent to x_1 + x_2 + ... + x_n
<= 1. This is only the case for n = 2. An xor is satisfied if an odd
number of the variables is set to true. I just check the code. even in
the special case of n = 2, SCIP does not upgrade the xor constraint into
an (linear) variable bound constraint (cons_varbound.c). That is
something we could thing about.

Best Stefan